Recommendations for Cleaning Your Car
At Independent Paint Supplies, in addition to paint products for the automotive, marine, commercial and industrial industries, we also stock a huge range of valeting products from UK brand leaders. But how do you choose which products will deliver the most gleaming finish. To help you on your way, we’ve come up with some guidelines on which will give you the best results.
There are several high-quality products which we recommend for cleaning a car including:
- Car Wash Soap: Look for a pH-balanced car wash soap specifically designed for automotive use. These soaps effectively remove dirt, grime, and road contaminants without stripping away wax or damaging the car’s paint.
- Microfibre Wash Mitt or Sponge: A soft and gentle wash mitt or sponge made from microfibre material is recommended for washing the car’s exterior. Microfibre is effective in trapping dirt particles and minimizing the risk of scratching the paint.
- Wheel Cleaner: To clean brake dust and grime from the wheels, dedicated wheel cleaners are preferred. These products are formulated to break down and remove stubborn contaminants from various wheel finishes.
- Glass Cleaner: For streak-free and crystal-clear windows, a quality glass cleaner is essential. Look for products specifically formulated for automotive glass to remove fingerprints, smudges, and haze effectively.
- Interior Cleaner: To clean the car’s interior surfaces, including upholstery, carpet, vinyl, and plastic, an all-purpose interior cleaner can be used. These cleaners help remove dirt, stains, and spills, leaving the interior fresh and clean.
- Tyre Dressing: Tyre dressings provide a glossy and dark finish to the tires, enhancing the overall appearance of the vehicle. Look for water-based tire dressings that offer long-lasting shine and UV protection.
Remember to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturers when using any of these products and consider conducting a patch test in an inconspicuous area before applying them to the entire vehicle.
Tips On How to Valet Your Car
Cleaning a car using valeting products typically involves a thorough and detailed process. Here’s a step-by-step guide from our valeting team on how to clean a car using valeting products:
- Collect all the necessary valeting products, including car wash soap, microfibre wash mitts or sponges, wheel cleaner, glass cleaner, interior cleaner, tire dressing, microfibre towels, and any other specialized products you may need.
- Rinse the car with water to remove loose dirt and debris. This step helps prevent scratching the paint during the washing process.
- Fill a bucket with water and add the recommended amount of car wash soap. Dip a microfibre wash mitt or sponge into the soapy water and gently wash the car’s exterior, starting from the top and working your way down. Rinse the wash mitt frequently to remove dirt and grime. Be thorough in cleaning all surfaces, including the body, windows, and wheels. Avoid using excessive pressure or scrubbing aggressively to minimize the risk of scratching the paint. Rinse the car thoroughly after washing.
- Apply wheel cleaner to the wheels, following the instructions on the product label. Use a wheel brush or sponge to agitate the cleaner and remove brake dust and grime. Rinse the wheels thoroughly.
- Spray glass cleaner on the windows and windshield, and use a clean microfibre towel to wipe them clean. For stubborn stains or haze, you may need to repeat the process or use a dedicated glass cleaning product.
- Use an all-purpose interior cleaner to clean the various surfaces inside the car, such as the dashboard, seats, carpets, and door panels. Spray the cleaner on a microfibre towel or applicator and gently wipe the surfaces. Pay attention to any stains or spills and use appropriate techniques or products to address them. Vacuum the carpets and upholstery to remove any loose dirt or debris.
- Apply a tyre dressing or tire shine product to the tires to give them a glossy appearance. Follow the instructions on the product label and use a sponge or applicator to evenly spread the dressing on the tyres. Wipe off any excess product to avoid sling.
- Use clean, dry microfibre towels to dry the exterior of the car. Pay attention to areas where water may accumulate, such as around the mirrors, emblems, and door handles. Take this opportunity to inspect the car for any missed spots or areas that need additional cleaning.
IPS Paint Supplies
So, what are you waiting for. Come on down to one of the IPS Depots in Cardiff or Swansea to get your valeting products today or you can all a member of our team for advice and guidance on the numbers below:
Swansea: 01792 784078
Cardiff: 02920 02246