Our Guide to Paints for External Industrial Structures
Independent Paint Supplies is a supplier top of the range industrial paint and high-performance coatings for all industrial applications to businesses across South Wales.
We offer a wide range of industrial primers and finishes to the fabrication industry for all manufacturing and refurbishment projects as well as external cladding, windows and other applications. From single or multi-coat systems in a range of finishes, we have a range of products to suit your industrial paint needs, along with a professional colour matching service.
Our brands of industrial paints include HMG, who are the UK’s largest independent paint manufacturer, and also Mipa Promix Industrial who are one of Germany’s leading paint manufacturers.
One of our most popular brand of industrial paints is Selemix, the light industrial coating brand of PPG Industries, a highly respected global supplier of coatings, paints and materials.
Selemix develops and delivers efficient coating solutions to job coaters and industrial manufacturers in our search for best performance, quality and services.
Types of Paint for External Industrial Structures
For external industrial structures, the type of paint required depends on various factors such as the substrate material, environmental conditions, and specific requirements of the project. Here are some commonly used types of paint for external industrial structures:
- Epoxy Paint: Epoxy paint is known for its durability and resistance to chemicals, abrasion, and moisture. It adheres well to surfaces like concrete, metal, and steel, making it suitable for industrial structures exposed to harsh environments or heavy traffic.
- Polyurethane Paint: Polyurethane paint provides excellent resistance to UV radiation, weathering, and chemicals. It offers a high gloss finish and is often used for structures that require long-term protection against fading, chipping, and corrosion.
- Acrylic Paint: Acrylic paint is versatile and can be used on various surfaces, including metal, concrete, and wood. It dries quickly, offers good durability, and provides protection against weathering and UV damage. Acrylic paints are available in a range of finishes, from matte to high gloss.
- Alkyd Paint: Alkyd paint, also known as oil-based paint, is commonly used for industrial structures. It offers good adhesion, durability, and resistance to moisture and chemicals. Alkyd paints can be applied on different substrates, including metal, concrete, and wood.
- Zinc-Rich Paint: Zinc-rich paint is used as a protective coating on steel structures to prevent corrosion. It contains a high concentration of zinc particles, which acts as a sacrificial barrier, providing cathodic protection to the steel substrate.
- Powder Coatings: Powder coatings are a popular choice for industrial structures due to their durability, resistance to fading, chipping, and corrosion, and environmentally friendly application process. Powder coatings are applied as a dry powder and then cured through heat to form a hard and protective coating.
IPS Paint Supplies
When selecting paint for external industrial structures, it’s crucial to consider the specific requirements and conditions of the project. It’s advisable to consult with paint manufacturers or industry professionals like IPS Paint Supplies to determine the most suitable paint type and system for your particular application.
Additionally, proper surface preparation and following manufacturer’s instructions for application and maintenance are essential for achieving long-lasting and effective results.
Call us today on the numbers below for more information or guidance:
Swansea: 01792 784078
Cardiff: 02920 022461