Looking After Your Vehicle During the Summer Months
The summer months can be particularly harsh on your car’s paint, with the hot sun, UV rays, and debris on the roads. To help you look after your car’s exterior during the hot weather, the expert team at IPS Paint Supplies would like to share these tips to help you protect and maintain your vehicle:
- Wash your car regularly: Regular washing is essential in removing dirt, debris, and other contaminants that can damage your car’s paint. Use a mild soap and a soft sponge or wash mitt to avoid scratching the paint.
- Wax your car: Waxing your car can help protect the paint from the sun’s UV rays and other environmental factors. Apply wax at least once every three months, and more often if you live in a particularly hot or sunny area.
- Park in the shade: Parking in the shade can help protect your car’s paint from the sun’s harsh UV rays. If you don’t have access to covered parking, consider using a car cover or windshield sun shade.
- Avoid tree sap and bird droppings: Bird droppings and tree sap can quickly damage your car’s paint. If you notice any on your car, clean it off as soon as possible using a mild soap and water.
- Use a paint protection film: A paint protection film can provide an extra layer of protection for your car’s paint, particularly in areas that are prone to chips or scratches.
- Avoid automatic car washes: Automatic car washes can be harsh on your car’s paint and can cause scratches and swirls. Consider washing your car by hand or using a touchless car wash instead.
By following these tips, you can help protect your car’s paint and keep it looking great throughout the summer months.
Best Valeting Products for Summer Car Maintenance
There are many valeting products available for car maintenance, and the best ones depend on your specific needs and preferences. At IPS Paint Supplies we stock a large range of highly recommended valeting products including:
- Car wash soap: A good car wash soap is essential for regular maintenance. Look for a pH-balanced formula that is gentle on your car’s paint.
- Microfibre towels: Microfibre towels are soft and gentle on your car’s paint, making them ideal for washing, drying, and detailing.
- Clay bar kit: A clay bar kit can help remove contaminants from your car’s paint, leaving it smooth and clean.
- Wax or sealant: A good wax or sealant can help protect your car’s paint from the elements, including the sun’s UV rays, dirt, and debris.
- Tyre cleaner: A tyre cleaner can help remove dirt and grime from your car’s tyres, leaving them looking clean and shiny.
- Interior cleaner: An interior cleaner can help clean and protect your car’s dashboard, seats, and other surfaces.
- Glass cleaner: A good glass cleaner can help remove streaks and smudges from your car’s windows, leaving them crystal clear.
IPS Paint Supplies
When choosing valeting products, make sure to read reviews and do your research to find products that are safe and effective for your car’s specific needs. It’s also a good idea to test products on a small area before using them on the entire car. For expert advice and guidance, call into one of our depots in Cardiff or Swansea or call us on:
Swansea: 01792 784078
Cardiff: 02920 022461